Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quickie Update

We are still in internet hell, but I thought I would let you know as much as I can. We had a great (but long) day. We went north to the tribal areas and visited some primitive villages (handicrafts). Since we were within the security buffer at the Pakistani border, we needed to get permits to go there. We saw tanks! Much more later. I sure wish I could post some of the photos that we have been taking. We will surely be able to do so tomorrow night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had lots to say but just saw the terrorist attack and am now worried!!! Let us all know you'r safe.

nancy

Unknown said...

Think you better get out of India ASAP as it sounds pretty terrible in Bombay. They are singling out Americans and Brits and not even sure that the airport is safe. Spoke to Austin and he will be calling you in the morning. Guess you have TV there too. We leave for HK the day you are supposed to get back. your aunt Alene and Uncle David

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you (...and worried) about you both. Be safe. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Chris Taylor

Erika said...

I just spoke with my parents and they are safe. They have not had a chance to see the news yet or find out what they would need to change on their itinerary or if they need to leave early. They will keep me updated and I will let everyone know.

Love Erika

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erika,for the update. I just heard about the attacks and rushed in to read the latest "doings," although I was pretty sure they were still out in the boonies with the wild asses. Is the Taj still your favorite hotel, Mike? Be safe! Much love, Janette