Saturday, November 08, 2008

Delhi Death March

Molhati (our 74 year-old tour leader) is trying to kill us all with 12-hour days - much of which is spent sitting in the soul-crushing traffic of Delhi. This is my whiny way of saying that we are just too pooped to write much of anything tonight. Most of the day was actually a lot of fun (until the I-don't-care-if-I-die numbness from fatigue took over). We spent the morning at the studio of a world famous potter that you have never heard of. He put on an amazing demonstration of pot making that made it seem so very easy to do. It isn't! Then the artists in our group (including Puki!) got to try their hand at throwing pots. I have the pictures. Later, we went shopping (blah, blah, blah) and then onto an artists colony. There is some amazing talent in this country. You will never hear about any of these people either. Pity.

Anyway, I will post pictures and more lively details tomorrow from Varanasi. Go google it - I'm too tired to tell you about it.

Good night.

PS: I found a charger for our phones... in case any of you were worried.

No comments: