Friday, November 07, 2008

Back in Delhi





Ok. So, like the Taj Mahal is the most photographed building in the world (followed by the Eiffel Tower and Bill Gate's house). And, as many people have said (well. actually, just Bill Corr), it is much more impressive in person than in the pictures of it. My first thought on seeing it was that it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. My second thought was that I had brought the wrong lens. There was no way that I could get the whole thing in with the telephoto that I brought with me that day. Fortunately, we also had Carol's camera with us. The rest of the day, including the seven hour drive back to Delhi was pretty much a blur as I was not feeling well. The good part about not feeling well on a seven hour car ride is that I slept through most of it.

Today was the first day of the "real" tour with the full group. We did the obligatory city tour of Delhi and took in a bunch of forts and monuments. Pretty interesting, actually. When your city is over 2000 years old, you tend to collect lots of old and interesting stuff. The only disappointment of group was the Red Fort. B-o-r-i-n-g. Tomorrow we begin the artsy-craftsy part of the trip where we get to play with clay and make pots at an artist's studio... or something. My main goal for tomorrow is to locate a Nokia phone charger to replace the one that Carol... I mean the one that got accidentally broken, somehow.

Out of our group of 18, there are four women named Carol. From now on Carol Abo's name is Puki.

Erika has identified the monkey as a rhesus macaque. She says they bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your postings are great. You need a picture or two of your cab so you remember the hours you are spending in them.

Austin

DeeDee said...

Tell Puki and Dinu we say hi and love them. keep up the great posts. -dee and geoff